Pruning is an operation that creates the foundation of a winery production.
It can directly influence the lifespan of the vines, their production, quality of grapes and therefore the wine.
With this virtual video lesson you will be able to observe practical application of the principles of SIMONIT&SIRCH Pruning on the 30-year-old plants trained as monolateral Spurred Cordon.
Marco Simonit will show us some specific pruning cases, while observing the plants’ development and analyzing each specific pruning choice he makes.
Duration: 48 minutes
Access: illimited, on-demand
- Introduction: pruning as “plant’s design project”, the importance of reading the plant’s history from its wood structure.
- Preliminary analysis of adult plants in production and evaluation of the plants’ vigor
- Pruning according to the SIMONIT&SIRCH principles, with specific reference to :
- choosing the future spur: bud load
- growing the vegetative points
- correct removal of the spur of the last year
- Bilateral vs. monolateral Spurred Cordon
- some precautions to reduce the risks related to the late spring frosts
- “Smart” repositioning cut: if the plant grows too high
The Recorded Webinar does not constitute a VMP Academy course and doesn’t give the right to obtain any certificate.